Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Mississippi Clay!

I am breaking away from "Our" story today to share and remember my fabulous 26th birthday celebration in the MS Delta! (my other favorite place on Earth... as you will see, I have many! HA)

I have an obsession for pottery and not just any pottery, but I love pottery from our very own MS Delta! McCarty and Peter's! So, when planning my birthday celebration, I could think of no better place!

Early on April 12, 2012, my Momma and Sister-in-love and myself set off to the Delta.


Our First stop was the McCarty Barn (where the pottery is made and sold)... a little piece of Heaven on Earth! I could walk around for hours and dream of where each piece should go in my home! I got to pick a few special pieces as birthday gifts.




And gifts from Prince Charming.. he said it was the easiest gift buying he had ever done! As you see, I am holding a cookbook! It is the Delta Magazine cookbook, and it has many great recipes, but the best one of all, are the Merigold Tomatoes (served at The Gallery).



Mr. McCarty was at the Barn for the day working on new pottery and jewelry designs, so I couldn't skip out on the photo op! 


Next stop, we had lunch reservations at The Gallery. The Gallery is the McCarty restaurant where you can eat gourmet "New York cuisine served with sweet cornbread and iced tea" on McCarty pottery! 


The soup of the day was vegetable.. but not your ordinary vegetable soup! It was Delicious!!


For my main course, I had the hot chicken salad, Merigold tomatoes, and summer grean beans! I can't say enough about those Merigold tomatoes!! 


And last, but certainly not least, dessert!! CARAMEL COBBLER with icecream!! Better than any birthday cake you could find!


I had the most fabulous 26th birthday! I am thinking that the McCarty Barn may be a new Birthday Bash tradition! 








No comments:

Post a Comment